Eligibility of Entry
Higher Secondary (Arts) Higher Secondary (Science) : minimum 40% marks in HSLC minimum 45% marks in HSLC B. A. (Semester) Degree Programme : minimum 40% marks in HS (10+2) (Arts) B.Sc. (Semester) Degree Programme: minimum 45% marks in HS (10+2) (Science)
Medium of instruction
Medium of instruction is both English and Assamese 1. Both online and offline facilities are available for admission.
2. The date of interview cum admission into HS and Degree classes are notified through local dailies immediately after the declaration of the results. Admission schedules are also notified through the college notice board and website (www.bahonacollege.edu.in)
3. Admission forms shall be issued by the College, which will have to be duly filled-up and submitted within the specified date notified.
4. The admission forms can be downloaded from the College website www.bahonacollege.edu.in and the duly filled forms may be submitted with a demand draft of Rs.200/" drawn in favour of Principal, Bahona College, Jorhat.
5.Online form fill upcan be done in the college website after registration their names and paying Rs. 200/- using digital mode.
6. Students must produce original marksheets, certifi cates etc. at the time of admission. However, they are advised to submit attested copies of marksheets and certificates of the last examination passed along with their applications.
7. The names of selected students will beannounced on the college notice board and college website and he or she will have to appear before a panel of selection committee for document verification where they will have to produce the relevant original documents specified in the application form.
8. Students inten ding to study a major course will have to specify option at most in three subjects filling the space marked in the admission fo rm. They will have to appear a screening test or viva-vocein a later date notified after admission. This test or viva voce will be arranged by the departments. Therefore, the students are advised to communicate with the respective departments immediately after the admission.
9. Selection will be made on the basis of merit/performance In the screening test/viva voce. However, there is reservation of seats as per State Government rules (as shown below).
10. Irregular students seeking admission must submit affidavit along with application forms for the gap period.
11. Incomplete application forms will betreated as cancelled.
12. Bonus marks for students of Bahona College : Additional 5% on total marks will beadded for students passed from Bahona College in Major Selection.
13. For the admission in the courses other than regular, there is time to time notice in notice board, local dailies and college website.