Welcome to Bahona College
The Founder Principal of our College
Mr. Ram Kumar Baruah
"The Man with the Dream : Our inspiration"
Ram Kumar Baruah was born in the year of 1923 of 1st March and died in the year of 1996 of 26th November.
Bahona College is a premier institution of higher education situated in a rural environment. The college was established in the year 1966, with a view to meet the higher education needs as well as to raise the socio-economic condition of a larger locality. A few distinguished educationists and social workers had taken the initiative in the establishment of the college with the following aims and objectives.
Message from Principal
At the very outset I welcome you all to the official website of Bahona College.
Since inception in 1966, the college has been rendering yeoman’s service in the field of quality education for more than four decades of its glorious existence. Bahona College is a co-education institute established on 15th July 1966. It is located at Bahona, 9 kms to the North East of Jorhat town toward Nimati Ghat at the river Brahmaputra.The college offers courses of study in arts and Science Streams at Higher
Secondary and Science Streams at Higher Secondary and Undergraduate level. With a heritage that goes back to more than forty years, Bahona College unequivocally occupies the place of pride among the institution of higher education affiliated to the Dibrugarh University.
The College was brought under the system of deficit in the year 1975. Now is has a strength of about 1000 student and 60 teachers and 15 department .Major is offered by all department except Computer Sc. and Electronics. Read More.....
1. Chair Person : Dr. P. K. Dutta
2. Coordinator : Dr Rofique Ahmed (Budget & Resource Management)
3. Asst : Mr. Pankaj Bora (Employees’ Development Cell & Website)
Dr. B. Bakaliyal (Health Care Center & News outlet)
• Dr. Jaygeswar Bora
• Dr. I Borthakur (Committee on Curricular Aspects)
• Dr. I Baruah (Committee on Research & Consultancy)
• Mrs. P. Duarah
• Mr. P. Bordoloi (Sports Development Cell)
• Dr. A Baruah (Academic Development Cell)
• Dr. S. Chaliha (Placement Cell)
• Dr. Porinita Borah (Committee on Employees Grievance Redressal)
• Mr. M. K. Borah
• Md. Ismile Ali
• Mr. Ajit Kr. Bora (Students’ Support and Progression)
• Mr. Manas Jyoti Bora (Community Extension Cell)
• Namita Chutiya Saikia (Cultural Development Cell)
• Sangita Das (Committee on Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell)
President: Dr. P.K. Dutta Principal
1. O.C. Bhogdoi, Outpost
2. Mr. Abhijit Hazarika, Local Media Representative
3. Mr. Jagannath A. Bora, Secretary, SHEWA (NGO)
4. President, Teachers’ unit
5. Secretary, Teachers’ unit
6. Mr. Ismail Ali, Guardian Member, GB
Students may register their complaints online using the web link :
They may also use the Anti Ranging Helpline number i.e. 18001805522.
To fill affidavit online, use this link :
NAAC Accredited 'B' (CGPA-2.71)
Affiliated to Dibrugarh University
Bahona, Jorhat, Assam
0376-2398044 Fax- 0376-2398668
Webmail - email@example.com
Website - www.bahonacollege.edu.in